I seriously believe that Dave and I are two of the luckiest people in the world. This evening, as I was feeding Maddy dinner, I noticed a little white speck in her bottom gums. As I put my finger in her mouth to feel it, I was AMAZED to see that she had cut her first tooth! The amazing part of this story is that she has not had ANY of the typical symptoms of teething!! No drooling, no night waking and no extreme fussiness.
In my excitement, I tried to take a few pictures of the historic moment, but unfortunately, it was a bit tough to get a shot with Maddy's cooperation. As I think about all of the exciting moments and milestones before us, I get both excited and sad. Excited to see Maddy grow and develop into a wonderful child. Sad that as a working mother, I am likely going to miss some of her big 'firsts.' I guess I will just keep telling myself that nothing has officially happened until I witness it myself :)
Anyway, enough sappy stuff...back to Maddy! She was actually really excited to be back at school this week after a week off for the holiday. She really loves all her teachers and it makes me feel good (and less guilty) that she enjoys being there and has real connections with her caretakers.
Until our next post, be well!
7.08.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The "first" is the first time YOU see it. And with a lot of things it's more of process than a first time event. Don't fret - you'll be there for all the things that matter!
Post a Comment